JOHN P. HALLISSY
- Managing Partner
- Insurance Law
Mr. Hallissy graduated with Honors from the University of Notre Dame in 1987 with a degree in Finance and Business Economics. He then worked in the San Francisco office of Arthur Andersen & Company for one year as a management consultant before enrolling at the King Hall School of Law, University of California at Davis.
After passing the Bar in 1991, Mr. Hallissy became associated with the firm of Ingoglia, Marskey, Kearney, Lobner & Bull and then joined the Sacino firm. He is admitted to practice before the Federal Courts of the Northern and Eastern Districts of California, and is a member of the Sacramento County Bar Association and the California Bar. Mr. Hallissy was elected by his peers in 2002 to the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), in recognition of his significant trial practice, having tried over forty cases to verdict.
Mr. Hallissy has done appellate work and has published decisions in Sturgeon v. Curnutt (1994) 29 Cal.App.4th 301 and Moss v. Outboard Marine Corporation (1996) 915 F Supp.183 E.D. CA.
Mr. Hallissy's expertise in civil trial practice has been recognized by his peers by a preeminent rating (AV) by Martindale Hubbell.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Hallissy serves as a National Vice-President for the Society of St. Vincent de Paul and as chairman of the Catholic Schools Board in the Diocese of Sacramento.
- University of California at Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- University of Notre Dame
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Finance and Business Economics
- California, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1991
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Member
- Elected by his peers in 2002 to the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Recognized by his peers by a preeminent rating (AV) by Martindale Hubbell
- Sturgeon v. Curnutt (1994) 29 Cal.App.4th 301
- Moss v. Outboard Marine Corporation (1996) 915 F Supp.183 E.D. CA.
- National Vice-President of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- San Francisco office of Arthur Andersen & Company
- Ingoglia, Marskey, Kearney, Lobner & Bull